Everybody got used to black-and-white individual intercoms, as well as to multi-apartment audio intercoms, thanks to which, one can distantly open the doors, talk to the visitor, or check on events taking place near the entrance. Such devices are usually installed in office centres, multi-floor entrances, and country houses, but they do not guarantee 100 % safety, because it is easy to “trick” them.
Fortunately enough, technology keeps progressing and both audio and video intercoms are being replaced by IP systems which are characterized by the exceptional functionality and stylish design.
What are IP-intercom systems?
IP-intercom systems are based on the TCP/IP protocol, which means that BAS-IP devices can work as a part of existing local networks of a flat, office, or house.
One can state the following advantages to such a system:
- IP-intercom systems are based on the TCP/IP protocol, which means that BAS-IP devices can work as a part of existing local networks of a flat, office, or house.
- One can state the following advantages to such a system:
- Simple installation and adaptability of the system, allowing for modernization and expansion.
- Multi-functionality of the monitors: video communication between the subscribers, photo frame mode, touchscreen, voicemail, media player, the possibility of watching images from IP cameras and much more.
- Interactive “Information and services” system, a universal platform allowing for the creation of reports for housing estates (or other enterprises) thanks to which the user can receive useful information about, for example, the nearest post-office or hospital, and is also able to call a plumber, an electrician or any other expert.
- Possibility of sending images and text messages in both a centralized and an individual manner by using a dedicated piece of software.
- Possibility of connecting an almost unlimited number of devices to the system (from 1 to 100,000 subscribers).
- Possibility of controlling “Home automatics” from the monitor or by means of using Android or iOS software.
- Management Software, add-on application helping to monitor the condition of outdoor panels, internal monitors, and concierge monitors in the system, as well as serving the accounting and statistics-related purposes.
- Integration of outdoor panels with outside SKUD. BAS-IP v3 outdoor panels have the Wiegand-26 interface installed, which gives the user the opportunity to integrate outdoor panels into the Outside SKUD and connect different devices to the panels.
- Possibility of recording video from the panels on NVR/DVR. BAS-IP v3 outdoor panels allowing for RTSP streaming in D1 resolution that makes it possible to record what is happening in front of the outdoor panel on NVR/DVR.
- SIP protocol support. Thanks to the availability of the SIP server, the user can receive distant video calls from outdoor panels on a smartphone and PC, as well as open a door lock, make video calls from a smartphone and PC to internal monitors and outdoor panels, make group calls, divert calls…and much more.
To learn more about BAS-IP equipment, follow the provided link.