In January 2019 a new firmware (version 3.0.0) was released for AA-07, AA-09, AA-11, AA-12 and BI series multi-apartment outdoor panels In this review, we will show and give details about what is interesting and new from this firmware!
You can download it here.
1. We have developed a brand new web interface panel with PWA support
Progressive Web Applications are downloadable Web applications which can provide user functionality. In offline mode, the user has push notifications and even access hardware which is only accessible through personal applications.
The interface looks modern and beautiful now, download it to control the panel directly from your smartphone screen.
2. We have developed an API for working with panels
For quick and easy integration of outdoor panels into third-party systems (ACS, etc.) we have developed an API which duplicates all the functions that are in the web interface panel.
Now BAS-IP outdoor panels can be connected to the framework of third-party software, that you can control.
The API documentation of BAS-IP panels’ current firmware version is available here – https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis-docs/basip/panel-web-api/1.0.0
3. We have added the ability to update the panel software through the web interface
Before this, you needed to install the firmware required with additional programs on your PC. Once the 3.0.0 firmware is installed, you can update panels through the web interface, greatly reducing your maintenance time.
4. We have added the ability to get software updates of outdoor panels from a BAS-IP server or a custom server.
Not only can you install updates manually by downloading the software through the web interface but you can now check on the BAS-IP website independently of the application by navigating to the web server, whether it is BAS-IP or your custom server.
5. You can now save and restore settings through the web interface.
You’ll be able to change settings without fear of everything crashing and not being able to be restored. Now you can restore any of the saved settings.
6. We have added a new “Apartment” entity, to which identifiers and unlocking codes are linked
This entity allows you to specify apartment address (number of the building, unit, apartment number), apartment name, as well as the number of residents from the panel web interface, also displaying the number of linked IDs and access codes to that apartment.
7. We have added the possibility of adding and editing identifiers through the web interface, with an expiration function, number of passes and flexible access rules.
You can now add and edit IDs with flexible access rules, specify IDs both for apartment owners and their guests (single or reusable) and also for service staff of building/apartment, who come on specific days of the month/week and at the exact time.
You can also specify which doors can be opened for a particular card, so, for example, the water delivery man will not be able to enter the storage room or other utility rooms. We have added the possibility to unlock doors through the web interface
8. We have added the possibility of unlocking through the web interface
It’s now possible to unlock without a preliminary incoming call from the panel. Arriving home with your hands full and being unable to open the door is very inconvenient so now the concierge or security can open the door via the web interface for you.
9. We have added a function to automatically call an apartment after entering a few digits on the panel keypad
When this function is enabled, after entering the required number of digits (1, 2, 3 or 4 digits) of apartment number, the call is automatically pushed through to the apartment.
For example, you can set a number of digits: eg: 2. Meaning that when you enter an apartment number between 10 to 99, the call will be immediate. But for apartments from 1 to 9 you must additionally press the $ sign.
When this function is enabled, after entering an apartment number, you must additionally press (#) or wait 3 seconds, and the call will be ended automatically.
10. You can now download custom ringtones and labels for events to be shown on your screen
- press panel keys
- ringing control (tone)
11. We have added a function of displaying the hybrid adapter version
It allows you to see in the web interface settings whether the panel is a hybrid as well as its version (if available). This is for a service provider or BAS-IP support team to know which panel is installed, enabling them to give corresponding information on how to configure it.